Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thank you

I had been doing well emotionally lately, trusting God, feeling pretty strong, but honestly yesterday was hard. I had a difficult time sleeping last night. Then, as I lay in bed, God brought to my mind all of the people He has used to encourage me. That inspired to make a "Thank you" list.

Thank you to . . .

Kent for being my rock and wanting to hear the baby's heartbeat . . . Brandon for seeking God with your whole heart and reaching out to me when He shows you how much I need you. . . Sara for telling me in the very beginning that everything was going to be okay. . . TJ for listening to me even through my tears . . . Stacy and baby Isaac, although I have never met you I read your blog every day. You have inspired me beyond words . . . Barb- first and foremost for the love and compassion I see in your eyes, for the story you told me of a father's intense love for his son, and for the message you felt God was prompting you to share with me as you carried my pain with me one weekend: "God doesn't give bad gifts." . . . Mom, for carrying this load with me every day and for "mothering" me. I will never outgrow my need for you. . . Don, Steve, Dad, and Jamie for your phone calls, text messages, and prayers . . . Lorraine for loving this baby already. . . Pastors Tim and Donna Pridegon for praying with me, you encouraged me so much. . . Mom and Marv for stopping by, hugs, and listening ears. . . Cindy for your email. . . Kirk and Angie for the wonderfully distracting day by the pool. . . Lois for the hug and a shoulder to cry on. . . Erin, Grandma P., and Grandma B. for the cards, you really touched me. . . Kathryne for always being available when I need you. . . Karen for the many therapeutic walks and talks. What would I do without you? . . . Anita for your compassion, kindness, and countless smiles, I appreciate you so much! . . . Mr. Jondle and board members for your prayers and flexibility as I face the unknown. . . . Dr. Flory for refering to my baby, not my problem, and for listening to me as if I were your only patient. . . Jonna Kay and Kristy for calling/emailing when you felt God prompt you, I needed your words of encouragement . . . DeDe for giving me medical advice, sisterly love, and prayer support . . . Sarah T. for being you! . . . To all of our family and friends who have us in your thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine going through this alone. . . THANK YOU.

No comments: