Monday, July 21, 2008

Trusting His Heart

I started this blog because of the peace and comfort God has overwhelmed me with lately while reading the blogs of other families in this situation. One reason for doing this is to keep any who are interested updated on our situation and what God is teaching me through it. I also believe that, even if no one else reads it, it will be therapeutic for me to express my thoughts and feelings.

I want all of you know that although this has been an extremely difficult time, I do feel God carrying me. I know that I have so many to thank for lifting us up in prayer. It may sound strange, but in spite of the intense heartache, I have never felt more blessed than I do right now. Through this storm, I have begun to truly understand as never before how richly blessed we are. I have always loved and treasured my children, but I look and them differently now. I could never have imagined loving them more than I did before, but my love and appreciation has grown. I am in complete awe. How is it possible that God would bless us with Brandon, TJ, and Sara? Each one is such a precious and irreplaceable gift. We also have a huge loving and supportive family, friends, church, nice home, good jobs . . . Now we have another child to love.

When the pain overwhelms me, I keep coming back to what I KNOW to be true. He is sovereign, He is faithful, He loves us, and He has not forgotten us. He will carry us. My deepest desire is that He be glorified in this. As you pray for our little one to be healed, please also pray for His will and strength for us to be used by Him, however He chooses.

No comments: