Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Peace

Thank you for your prayers. Many people told me they would pray specifically for peace during the ultrasound appointment today, and He answered in a big way. I actually smiled during the process - several times. It was amazing to see all of the things that are right with Matthew. He still has serious complications, but there were good signs too. We were able to see him for a long time, from just about every angle possible. The technician was wonderful and answered all of the questions she was able to.

I know I haven't gone into a lot of detail before about exactly what issues he faces. That is by design. When you picture him, I don't want you to picture what is wrong. I want you to have a picture of a beautiful creation of God. A child formed by Him and loved by Him. This appointment has relieved a lot of the fear I had about the first moment we are able to see Matthew and hold him. We still don’t know when that moment will be or how long his life will bless us on this earth, but we will continue to trust in the heart of God. Even though it is impossible to understand the whys, we are holding tightly to the One in control.

1 comment: