Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hugs

I know I haven't written in awhile . . . sometimes it is just hard to know what to say. At our appointment on Wednesday, the doctor seemed to agree that although Matthew has severe complications to overcome, the ultrasound had some positive aspects too. The road we are traveling is certainly a hilly one, but even when I am feeling especially low, I still feel God's incredible strength. Often through many of you.

I wrote last week that I felt like God had given me a great big hug during that ultrasound. As I was thinking about that, I thought about how many times He has hugged me lately through simple acts of kindness. I wonder if you realize how much God has used something as simple as a smile to minister to me. I've felt His hugs though looonnngg talks with family and friends that were willing to just listen. I've felt His hugs through encouraging emails, cards, and phone calls that tell me how much you care. I felt His hug when I found a beautiful bouquet of daisies on my desk yesterday. I feel Him hug me every time someone puts me back together when it feels like I am falling apart. I feel Him hug me through the smiles of the students and the fact that He has always given me strength and composure when it is time to teach. The students are such a blessing to me!

And although I had already seen this video several months ago, I felt Him hug me again as I watched it with my mom today. I know it is rather lengthy, but if you have time, I strongly encourage you to watch it. Todd and Angie Smith's baby was diagnosed with the same thing they think Matthew has.

(Be sure to stop the music I have playing at the bottom of my blog so you can hear the video)


Smith Family Story from Matthew Singleton on Vimeo.

"Even in the shadow of death I will praise you. Even in the valley I will say, 'Holy, my God, you are worthy of all my praise.'" ~Selah (The group Todd Smith sings with)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

We are back on-line and so I can keep up a little better with what is happening with you and Matthew. We watched the Smith family's video and of course were touched by it! We keep you both in our prayers.

The Kepharts