Saturday, September 13, 2008

22 Weeks

Matthew was 22 weeks yesterday. His heartbeat was strong and I still feel him move often :)

A few specific prayer requests I have are that if God does choose to take Matthew home early, He would allow him to live long enough for his brothers and sister to hold him and say goodbye and that Matthew would not suffer pain. Also, please continue to pray for Matthew's life to draw others closer to God and for peace for our family. ~Thank you!

Psalm 139-1-16

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"

even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I wanted to let you know that I have been a blog follower of yours for a few weeks. I found your blog through Stacy's blog! Please know that I am praying for you and your family! I will be thinking and praying for you. If there is anything else that I can do for you at this time, please don't hesitate to ask. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

You, Kent and the kids are never far from my thoughts and prayers. I enjoyed the video about Audrey Smith. I love the fact that it is always God's plan "A". He never has a plan "B". What an awesome realization! Love you all so much!

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I love you so much, and I am praying for you and everyone in your family. You've always been such a good role model to me. Even when you're suffering, I am seeing God's light shine through you more than ever. I am always around, if you ever need to chat. You have my number, you can text, you can call, anything you like. We can go out to get a drink or snack, anything. You've always been there for me when I need it, and I want to let you know I'm here for you if you need me. God loves you very much. So do I.
-Katelynn

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

Know that you and Matthew are making a difference in people's lives. I know that your days and nights are difficult, but God is using you Kristi. I have a hard time hearing the song "Jesus Bring the Rain" because I know I'm afraid of heartache and that I can't truly sing those words with heart felt sincerity. You are in the storm and weathering it beautifully - Jesus must be smiling down from Heaven at his child!

I love you,
Donna